Performance Plan for 2018
The State of California Department of Developmental Services wants each Regional Center in California to work on a set of desired outcomes that are listed below and in our Performance Plan. They ask us to update our Performance Plans each year and to maintain or improve performance on each of the desired outcomes below.
We are currently meeting with community groups to share information on how we are doing on these desired outcomes, and get your input.
You are invited to see how Harbor Regional Center is doing in the following areas:
- Individuals Living in State Developmental Centers - Decreasing the number of people served by HRC who live in state institutions know as State Developmental Centers and assisting those who are living in the institutions to move into community living.
- Children living with families - Increasing the percentage of children served by HRC who are able to live with families, rather than in out-of-home care.
- Adults Living in Home Settings - Increasing the percentage of adults served by HRC who live in home environments (in their own home with or without supported living services as needed, or with their family).
- Children and adults living in large licensed homes for 7 or more individuals - Decreasing the percentage of children and adults living in large congregate settings for 7 or more people, and assisting them to move into smaller more integrated living environments.
- Employment - Increasing the number of adults served by HRC who find employment.
- Cultural Differences - Reducing differences in patterns of purchased services (authorized and utilized) according to age, diagnosis, ethnicity, and language.
Progress data on the above measures, as well as the 2018 plan of activities will be presented to focus groups in our community throughout this summer, where we are gathering information and input from stakeholders including HRC clients, parents, and service providers. The proposed plan will be distributed to 8000 subscribers through the HRC electronic newsletter, and made available in the HRC Resource and Assistive Technology Center.
The proposed plan will be presented at a public meetings to take place in Long Beach and Torrance.
Please note new dates:
- Tuesday, September 5, 2017
6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Harbor Regional Center
21231 Hawthorne Blvd.
- Saturday, September 9, 2017
10:00 am - 11:30 am
Harbor Regional Center
1155 E San Antonio Drive
Long Beach, CA 90807
For additional informaton or to RSVP contact Nancy.Spiegel@harborrc.org, (310) 543-0658