Director of Adult Services
Under direction of the Executive Director, the Director of Adult Services provides leadership and direction for the Center’s delivery of service coordination for adult clients and their families who are served by HRC. This Department Director is responsible for planning, organizing, staffing and controlling the largest of three case management departments through the direct supervision of eight client services managers, each of whom supervise a team of service coordinators who work directly with our clients and their families.
In this capacity, the Director of Adult Services hires, trains, monitors and evaluates the work of managers and professional service coordination staff. Examples of service coordination functions include the following:
- Evaluation and assessment of applicants regarding eligibility for services
- Individual/family needs assessment and identification
- Planning for and coordinating the delivery of appropriate services and supports
- Monitoring and evaluating service delivery
The Director serves as a member of the Center’s senior management team and in this capacity s/he participates in the implementation of overall operations and provides leadership to the Center as a whole.
The Director of Adult Services also interacts directly with the Board of Trustees advising on matters relating to services for adults and families, and other client services issues as appropriate.
Knowledge and skills:
- Must have at least ten years in relevant human service settings with increasing management responsibility.
- Must have knowledge of the principles, philosophies, procedures, techniques and standards of social work and case management practice.
- Must be able to act as a business partner and advisor, to the Executive Director, working in concert with the Executive Director to develop both short-and long-term strategies for the organization.
- Must be an honest and positive self-starter who can creatively manage resources and proactively identify and resolve problems; should be motivated to exceed goals and set his/her own standards for achieving high performance.
- Should be an adaptable multitasker, with the ability to control and move forward on several priorities simultaneously; this includes switching priorities as required without losing momentum.
- This position requires exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills to articulate and explain complex systems and processes to senior staff, trustees, and other stakeholders in a clear, non-technical manner.
- Must be capable of developing and sustaining close, effective working relationships with other senior staff on matters of interdisciplinary, organizational concern.
- Should be a visible, accessible, and compassionate leader who possesses superb management skills and experience working within a dynamic environment. S/he will function as a catalyst, coach, and doer, using strong people skills to guide staff at all levels of the organization.
Education and experience: Master's degree in social work, psychology, education or related human services field and at least five (5) years post master's experience in a management or supervisory role. Experience in developmental disabilities preferred.
Please submit your resume to HR@harborrc.org or fax to 310-316-5016.