Intake Service Coordinator
Under direction of a Client Services Manager, the Intake Service Coordinator provides assessment services for children and adults, where there is a need to ascertain the existence of a developmental disability. The responsibilities of an Intake Services Coordinator assigned to Intake may include:
• Conducting psychosocial evaluations;
• Obtaining relevant client information, and reviewing all findings to assist in the
determination of a developmental disability;
• Leading the Multidisciplinary Team through the eligibility determination process; and
• Assisting clients and family members in understanding new diagnosis and their impact;
• Comprehensive documentation and follow-up recommendations.
Minimum Employment Standards:
A Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, and two years of direct assessment experience. A Masters Degree in Social Work is preferred. A Bachelors degree in psychology or related human services field may be substituted if a minimum of the subsequent 18 months of work experience was concentrated in client assessment and evaluation. Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
Understanding of family systems and human dynamics, knowledge of developmental disabilities, familiarity with the prevailing philosophy in the field of developmental disabilities, good organizational skills, demonstrated ability to work independently and cooperatively as a part of an interdisciplinary team, excellent verbal and written communication skills and proficiency with MS Word and MS Outlook.
Submit Resume to:
Harbor Developmental Disabilities Foundation
Office of Human Resources
21231 Hawthorne Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90503
Fax HR: 310-316-5016 or