News & Events
COVID-19 Update and Resources
December 22, 2020
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (Public Health) has confirmed 56 new deaths and 11,271 new cases of COVID-19. To date, Public Health identified 634,849 positive cases of COVID-19 across all areas of L.A. County and a total of 8,931 deaths.
Public Health warns that without a change in how we celebrate the winter holidays, Los Angeles County will experience a surge on top of a surge on top of a surge. Hospitals are already over capacity and the high-quality medical care we are accustomed to in LA County is beginning to be compromised as our frontline healthcare workers are beyond stretched to the limit. Sadly, we are seeing increasing numbers of cases within our HRC community in all kinds of settings - independent living, with families, or in licensed care homes.
In this bulletin we want to provide you with information about staying safe and about services and supports for our clients and families.
HRC is here to support you - if you are in need of additional services and supports during this pandemic, please reach out to your service coordinator to discuss what resources may be accessed.
What Services Are Available?
Purchase of Service Policies
Alternative & Participant Directed Services
Due Process and Complaint Information
COVID-19 COMMUNITY SERVICES AND RESOURCES
These websites provide basic COVID-19 information as well as case information, current health orders for the county, testing sites, and resources for assistance.
- City of Long Beach COVID-19 information.
- Los Angeles COVID-19 information
- County of Los Angeles Public Health
- California Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
- California State Council on Developmental Disabilities COVID-19 Information
- One Degree COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Resource Guide
Center for Disease Control guidance for people with developmental and behavioral disorders.
Celebrating the Holidays:
To keep yourself and your loved ones safe, here are some extra tips on how to celebrate the holidays more safely.
- Do not gather with other households while our county remains under a Regional Stay Home Order.
- If you do gather briefly with individuals outside your household, keep the gathering short, outside if at all possible, wear a mask, and maintain physical distancing.
- If others from outside your home need to visit to provide services or supplies, shorter (two hours or less) is safer.
- Wear a mask when you leave home, including on public and mass transportation, shopping and in stores, and anywhere you will be around people who do not live with you.
- Wear a mask around anyone you don’t live with.
- Keep your distance – especially from older family members and those with chronic health conditions.
- Don’t share utensils or drinks with anyone.
- People at higher risk of severe illness or death from COVID-19 (such as older adults and people with chronic medical conditions) are strongly urged not to attend any gatherings, especially indoor gatherings. If you gather with older people or those with chronic conditions, make sure they wear a surgical or N95 mask.
- It is safest to celebrate the holidays with the people who already live with you, but if you do visit a county that is not subject to the Regional Stay at Home Order, only gather with a maximum of two other households.
- Travel increases your chance of getting and spreading the virus. Persons arriving in California from other states or countries, including returning California residents, should practice self-quarantine for 10 days after arrival. These persons should limit their interactions to their immediate household.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home if you are sick.
These holiday tips are derived from CDPH’s Small Gathering Guidance.
Links to Guidance information from the State of California Department of Developmental Services
- COVID-19 Pandemic and Flu Season: Slow the Spread!
- ĐẠI DỊCH COVID-19 VÀ MÙA CÚM: LÀM CHẬM QUÁ TRÌNH LÂY NHIỄM! VIETNAMESE
- COVID-19 大流行和流感季节: 减缓传播! CHINESE-SIMPLIFIED
- COVID-19 大流行和流感季節: 減緩傳播! CHINESE-TRADITIONAL
- COVID-19 Tips for People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- COVID-19 Tips for Caregivers of People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Prepare for Public Health Emergencies
- Extra precautions for people with disabilities
- Five things you can do to avoid a Coronavirus scam
- Learn how to protect yourself and loved ones
- Protektahan ang iyong sarili at mga minamahal mo sa buhay
- Bảo vệ bạn và những người
- thân yêu
- Do I need to get tested for COVID-19?
- Neighbor Check-Ins
- Checklist to get your household ready
- Information on how to clean and disinfect your home
- Use of masks to help slow the spread of COVID-19
- Personal Emergency Plan for People with Access and Functional Needs