News & Events
HRC COVID-19 Update Public Meetings
Dear Clients, Families, and Service Providers,
On March 4, 2020, Governor Gavin Newsom declared a State of Emergency for California, as a result of the global COVID-19 outbreak that began in December 2019. During the coronavirus (COVID-19) health emergency, Harbor Regional Center is working in close collaboration with the State of California Department of Developmental Services, and state and local public health departments. Our top priority is the protection of the health and safety of each person we serve. We will be sending out email updates as often as needed to provide you with updated information.
This bulletin is to let you know about HRC public meetings .
- The California Department of Public Health has advised that, to protect public health and slow the rate of transmission of COVID-19, gatherings should be postponed or canceled across the state of California for at least the remainder of the month of March.
- Harbor Regional Center has canceled all public meetings for 15 or more participants, effective immediately, through the end of March.
- These cancellations include client and family training events, HRC support group meetings, and public meetings including but not limited to:
- The Harbor Early Start Partnership Early Childhood Conference scheduled to take place Saturday, March 14th, at the HRC Long Beach office
- The Harbor Developmental Disabilities Foundation Board Meeting scheduled for Tuesday March 17th at the HRC Long Beach office.
- Wearing Many Hats? Navigating the Multiple Needs of Your Family on Wednesday March 18th at Neighborhood Christian Fellowship in Bellflower
- Service Review: Therapy Services on Wednesday March 25th at HRC Torrance office
- What is Supported Decision Making? Alternatives to Conservatorship on Wednesday March 25th at HRC Torrance
- Saving Money Without Losing Benefits: The ABLE Act and CalABLE on Thursday, March 26th at HRC Torrance
- Public Meetings on Serving Our Diverse Community on Thursday, March 26th at HRC Long Beach office AND Tuesday March 31st at HRC Torrance office
- Your Family Our Focus/Su Familia Nuestro Enfoque on Saturday, March 28th at Mary Bragg Elementary School in Cerritos
- Saturday Speaker Series: Social Recreation and Fitness Opportunities Saturday March 28th at HRC Torrance office
- HRC Support Group meetings scheduled between now and March 31st
- The Harbor Regional Center Family Resource and Assertive Technology Center remains open, but the Toy Lending Library will temporarily be closed until further notice.
HRC service providers, please watch for separate email(s) with information of importance to you.
We apologize for any inconvenience these cancellations may cause to you, but we all share the common goal to prevent and contain the spread of this virus in our community. As soon as it is safe to do so, we will begin rescheduling our planned events and will keep you informed of the new dates.
To everyone, please beware of misinformation which may be shared, and be sure to turn to reliable and official sources of information. We hope that everyone remains safe and healthy.
For Further Information and Updates on Coronavirus