CANCELLED: SAVING MONEY WITHOUT LOSING BENEFITS: The ABLE Act and CalABLE
Thursday, March 26, 2020 , 05:30 pm – 07:00 pm – A1
TO BE RESCHEDULED. For the safety and health of our clients, families, service providers and staff, and to support our community in the containment of the Coronavirus, HRC Public Meetings are cancelled through March 31st.
This workshop will address the following areas regarding the ABLE Act of 2014.
- Background: What existed prior and why was it created.
- A review of the CalABLE program, including how accounts work and the qualifications/requirements.
- What is the effect on Special Needs Trusts and other benefits.
- Overview of investment options and fees for CalABLE accounts.
- Review how to open an account.
Presented by HRC’s Benefits Specialist and Serenitas Special Needs Planning. For further information or to register, contact Geomara Cross at (310) 792-4717.
**Childcare and interpretation are available by advance reservation at least five (5) or more business days in advance of the event and at the time of RSVP.