Requests for Proposals
Harbor Regional Center (HRC) is a private non-profit organization under contract with the State of California Department of Developmental Services. HRC is part of a statewide network of 21 Regional Centers responsible for the coordination and development of services to meet the needs of individuals with developmental disabilities. Our service area is located in the southern and southwestern L.A. County, and includes Torrance, Harbor, Bellflower, and Long Beach health districts.
HRC evaluates the resource needs of our clients and the business needs of our Center on an ongoing basis, and periodically invites prospective service providers to submit proposals.We thank all potential service providers for their interest in these projects or future specialized development and requests for proposals.
HRC 2019-20 Community Resource Development Planning
Harbor Regional Center has been gathering input over the past year, in meetings with our community, regarding the needs of the people we serve.
In 2019 we have identified the following priorities for resource development. Requests for Proposals will be issued, contingent upon receipt of funding approval from the Department of Developmental Services.
- Licensed homes for up to three adults, that can support individuals with:
-Complex behavior support needs and mental health diagnoses, including individuals that are transitioning from a State Developmental Center or other institutional setting into the community;
-Health care conditions requiring care by licensed staff, such as diabetes.
- Specialized Supported Living Services, to serve clients with a variety of mental health, behavioral or health challenges, including individuals that are transitioning from a State Developmental Center or other institutional setting into the community.
- Specialized Supported Employment and Day Services, to serve clients with a variety of mental health, behavioral or health challenges.
- Early Intervention programs to serve infants and toddlers within the North-Eastern part of the HRC service area.
- Educational advocacy training for families, including training in Spanish.
The Department of Developmental Services has approved 2018-19 Community Resource Development Funding for the following. We are requesting proposals for the following service:
- Harbor Regional Center (HRC) in collaboration with the Southern California Integrated Health and Living Project (SCIHLP) is seeking proposals for the development of supported living services for individuals moving from a state developmental center, Skilled Nursing Facility, and/or at risk of moving into a state developmental center or other more restrictive setting. This service shall specialize in serving adult individuals with a need for intermittent skilled nursing services due to complex health conditions.