DDS Rate Study
Rate Study Comments Assistance Sessions
On March 21st, the HRC Service Provider Advisory Committee and Department of Community Services hosted sessions to assist service providers from specific service categories to submit public comments regarding the DDS Rate Study. The sessions were geared toward specific service categories.
If you were not able to attend, see the information packets by service provider category, below.
Burns & Associates (B&A) was contracted by the Department of Developmental Services (DDS) to conduct the Rate Study. B&A conducted a Service Provider Survey in Spring/Summer 2018. They also conducted a Client & Family Survey in last fall. B&A developed draft rate models. B&A and DDS presented the draft rate models and related assumptions at briefing sessions held on February 28 through March 4, 2019. The Rate Study Report will be released on March 15, 2019. DDS will review public comments accepted through Friday, April 5, 2019 and the Draft Rate Models may be modified as appropriate.
How to Submit Public Comments
Regional Centers have been assigned to collect public comments from their service provider community, clients, families, and interested parties. The comment template can be accessed here.
The template is a fillable form that must be saved on your computer before emailing to us. Please email the form to email@example.com no later than 1:00 PM on April 5, 2019. Please be specific. You may provide supporting documentation if applicable.
Draft Rate Models
Detailed materials from DDS and Burns & Associates are available on the Burns & Associates website (http://www.burnshealthpolicy.com/DDSVendorRates/). The materials include:
- A Presentation from the briefing sessions outlining the rate study's methodology and results. A webinar will be available the week of March 4th.
Sections of the presentation related to HRC commonly used services:
- Residential Services
- Day Employment and Transportation Services
- Personal Supports and Training
- Behavioral and Professional Support Services
- Rate Model Assumption
Updated Reports and Rate Models Released on March 15, 2019:
- Updated Rate Models released March 15, 2019 detailing specific assumptions related to direct care worker wages, benefits and productivity and other factors. This report is specific to HRC rates
- DDS Vendor Rate Study and Rate Models Report containing the written summary of the rate study and rate models released March 15, 2019.
- Fiscal Impact Analysis by service code released March 15, 2019.
- A Report describing the methodologies used to establish regional center cost adjustment factors.