This section of the Harbor Regional Center Website is devoted to best practices for regional center services, and to the service providers who offer these services to our clients. We work in partnership with our service providers to help them move their services steadily closer to these expectations.
HRC core values for providing quality services are described as follows:
- Expectations for Adult Day Activities Serving People with Developmental Disabilities. This document describes Harbor Regional Center’s expectations for day activities. It reflects what family members of clients involved in day activities, day activity service providers, and regional center staff have told us a good day activity experience should be like.
- Expectations for Group Homes Serving People with Developmental Disabilities. This document describes Harbor Regional Center's expectations and aspirations for group homes. It reflects what clients, family members, regional center staff, and service providers have told us a good group home should be like. Staff members who provide care in licensed group homes are called Direct Support Professionals. In California, Direct Support Professionals are required to pass a mandatory statewide training program. In addition, this training has been approved by the Department of Social Services to meet re-certification requirements for Community Care Facility Adult Residential Facility Administrators.
- Expectations for Supported Living Services. This document describes Harbor Regional Center’s expectations for supported living services. These expectations reflect what people in supported living, their family members, regional center staff, and service providers have told us a service should be like.
- Expectations for Early Intervention Services. This document describes Harbor Regional Center’s expectations for early intervention services and reflect what parents of children receiving these services, regional center staff, and service providers themselves have told us an early intervention service should be like.
- Current Providers
- Advisory Committee
- Best Practices
- Census 2020
- Regulatory Updates
- Minimum Wage Increase 2020
- Rate Increases January 2020
- Bridge Sunset
- Compliance with HCBS Regulations
- Frequently Asked Questions to ABX2-1
- Additional SIR Requirements
- SIR Report Form