Together From The Start
An HRC Program for Families of Infants and Toddlers Birth to 36 Months
Come join our parent training classes facilitated by HRC therapists and specialists who are knowledgeable in infant and toddler development. These classes are informative and educational for the parent while offering the child a chance to interact socially with other children. You'll meet other parents to share information and experiences with, and have the opportunity to check out books and videos from our Resource and Assistive Technology Center, and toys from the Toy Lending Library.
- Classes are offered at HRC's Torrance or Long Beach locations
- Available to your child who is a client of Harbor Regional Center that falls within the age ranges of the specific class
- Maximum registration: 4 classes per month.
- Please do not bring siblings who are not regional center clients, as we do not have child care available
- Open to moms, dads, grandparents and caregivers
- Some classes are held multiple times, in the morning or afternoon, so pick up a Together From The Start monthly calendar in the HRC Resource Center for specific times, or contact us for a copy.
- Several of these classes are offered in Spanish in the Long Beach location.
- You must be registered before attending. Please register for any of these classes by calling or emailing Jessica Avila (Jessica.email@example.com) at (310) 792-4721 or Kathie (Kathie.firstname.lastname@example.org) at (310) 792-4597.
- A new Calendar is released every month because we often have to change the days and times of the classes followed. The calendar is released via email usually the week before the new month starts. Classes are small and can fill up quickly. Please email Kathie @ Kathie.email@example.com to request to be added to our email mailing list to receive the calendar every month.
Mommy/Daddy and Me
(12 months to 24 months)
Babies and toddlers love to socialize while playing. Come enjoy a playtime that includes: songs, music, movement and books. These activities will stimulate your child’s development and can be used at home. Increase your understanding of your child's unique abilities, while having fun! Facilitated by the HRC Early Childhood specialist.
Most Mondays in Torrance 9:30-11:00am and/or 1:00pm-2:00pm
Please check monthly TFS calendar for dates in Long Beach
Come and bring your baby to a fun-filled music and movement class that emphasizes gross and fine motor development. Use of music, song, and movement with developmentally appropriate toys will be modeled and explained, so that parents can gain knowledge and strategies to use at home.
2nd Wednesday in Long Beach 9:30 - 11:00am
3rd Wednesday in Torrance 9:30 - 11:00 am (subject to change call for specific date and time)
(18 to 36 months)
Come and see how you can capture your child's attention! You and your child will enjoy a fun, bonding experience while engaging in music and movement activities, finger plays, books, art activities, and play with developmentally appropriate toys. There will be many ideas and activities to take home and use. These groups are facilitated by HRC Early Childhood Specialist.
Typically 2nd Thursday in Long Beach 9:30 - 11:00 am
3rd Thursday in Torrance 9:30 - 11:00am
Please check monthly calendar for specific dates.
(Birth to 9 months) No walkers please!
Create a Bond for Life: Parents bring your infant, and learn how to incorporate massage into your daily routine, for the benefit of you and your child. Benefits include stimulation, relaxation, interaction, and relief from discomfort. Class is facilitated by a certified instructor of infant massage, and runs for four consecutive weeks.
Offered in January, April, and July at our Torrance and Long Beach locations. Please call or email Jessica (Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org) @ 310 792-4721 for schedule.
(20 - 36 months)
Multi-sensory exploration and play in a structured environment is a fun way to help our little ones learn. Creativity and imagination bloom during the twos. This class will give you ideas on how to encourage those skills at home. Please check monthly calendar for specific dates
It is important to always pre-register for classes. That way, if for any reason a class needs to be cancelled or postponed, we can contact you and let you know.