Planning & Service Coordination
Harbor Regional Center works with each individual client and family to develop an individualized plan. Each HRC client/family has an assigned Service Coordinator who works with them to develop their plan, then assists them to obtain needed services which have been identified in the individualized plan.
For infants and toddlers under 3, this plan is called the Individual/Family Service Plan, or IFSP; for clients 3 and over the plan is called the Individual Person-Centered Plan, or IPP. The plan describes
- The individual’s preferred future
- The outcomes that the person and his family wish to achieve
- How to get to those outcomes...the services and supports needed to achieve them.
Read more about services:
- HRC Fact Sheet: How We Serve
- Your HRC Counselor
- Family Support
- Let's Talk About Respite
- In Home Nursing Care Services
Especially for Children and Their Families
- A Key to Your Future: Your IFSP - A Booklet for Families
- Hand in Hand
- Learning in Everyday Places
- Moving On At Age 3
- Parent Training on Behavior Management
- Parents' Guide To Autism
- Team Up with Your Schools
- Working With the Schools on Transition
- It's All About Options: Living Alternatives for Children
Especially for Adults
Coordination with Benefit Programs (public and private)
- California Childrens Services (CCS)
- Requesting Coverage from a Health Plan for Speech, OT and PT
- How to Access Behavioral Health Treatment Services from Private Health Insurance for Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disordes
- Supplemental Security (SSI) Benefits for Children
- Supplemental Security (SSI) Benefits: Income for Adults
- What is MediCal?
- In Home Supportive Services (IHSS)
Be sure to check out HRC Videos of our clients and families talking about how they work together with Harbor Regional Center to coordinate services.