¿Qué es la autodeterminación? Seminario web informativo
La siguiente junta del programa de Auto Determinacion
26 de Agosto del 2020
6:00 - 8:00 pm
Acompáñanos en un seminario web para aprender del programa de Auto Determinación, como participar, y las funciones y responsabilidades del cliente, la familia, centro regional, servicios financieros, y otros miembros del equipo de apoyo de auto determinación. Si tú crees que estarías interesado en agregando tu nombre en la lista para ser seleccionado para unirte a este programa, tienes que atender la junta informacional ofrecida por el centro regional e otra agencia en la comunidad.
Regístrate en adelantado para esta junta:
Después de registrarte, recibirás una confirmación por correo electrónico conteniendo información en como acompañarnos en la junta.
What is the Self-Determination Program?
In October of 2013, Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. signed into law the Self-Determination Program, which will provide regional center clients and their families with a new option. As authorized in Welfare and Institutions Code, Section 4685.8, "the Self-Determination Program (SDP) is a voluntary delivery system consisting of a mix of services and supports, selected and directed by a participant through person-centered planning, in order to meet the objectives in his or her Individual Program Plan (IPP). Self-determination services and supports are designed to assist the participant to achieve personally defined outcomes in community settings that promote inclusion," and allow participants to have more control in developing service plans and selecting service providers.
Department of Developmental Services Self Determination Newsletter Issues are posted on the DDS website on a regular basis. If you want to be notified of updates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to their emailing list.
The Principles of Self-Determination include:
- Freedom to exercise the same rights as all citizens; to establish, with freely chosen supports, family and friends, where they want to live, with whom they want to live, how their time will be occupied, and who supports them;
- Authority to control a budget in order to purchase services and supports of their choosing;
- Support, including the ability to arrange resources and personnel, which will allow flexibility to live in the community of their choice;
- Responsibility, which includes the opportunity to take responsibility for making decisions in their own lives and accept a valued role in their community, and
- Confirmation, in making decisions in their own lives by designing and operating the service that they rely on.
The Development of the SDP Program in California
The law required that before this program could be made available, the Department of Developmental Services submit an application for federal funding, and that this application be approved for funding by the federal government. This application was approved on June 6, 2018.
The program will be implemented gradually. The SDP will be implemented for up to 2,500 participants in the state, to be phased in during the first three years.
Initial Group of Participants Selected
On October 1, 2018, the Department of Developmental Services identified the first group of clients/families from each regional center that may be enrolled in the Self Determination Program.
You Can Still Add Your Name As Interested in Being Selected
The Department will continue to collect and add names of those interested in the program for subsequent selections.
Interested clients/families must attend an informational meeting provided by a regional center or community-based organization (such as the Autism Society) and submit your name for consideration at that meeting.
Informational meetings will be announced on this webpage and in the HRC ENews.
Those who attended an informational meeting and submitted their name, but were not selected initially to participate, will remain on the list for subsequent selections along with new sign-ups. All names on the list have equal chance of being selected, regardless of when you signed up, when the Department of Developmental Services draws the next group of names. The Department does select names according to the overall demographic make up of each regional center area.
After the three year phase-in period is completed, the program will be available to all interested clients.
Frequently Asked Questions about Self-Determination Program
The Department of Developmental Services provides answers and periodic updates on their webpage for Frequently Asked Questions.
Where can you obtain the latest information?
- You may refer to the Self-Determination Program information page on the Department of Developmental Services website
- Self Determination Enrollment Information
- Sign up for email newsletter updates from the Department of Developmental Services by sending an email to email@example.com and ask to be included on the update notification list.
- Financial Management Service Contact List
- If after reading the general information and Frequently Asked Questions link above, you still have questions, you may submit those questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HRC will provide more information to our clients and families on this website as it becomes available.
- You may sign up to receive email updates regarding local planning by sending an email to email@example.com with your name, client's name if different, email address, and note that you wish to be added to the Self-Determination Program information email list.