DDS Briefings on Proposed Rate Models
The Department of Developmental Services (DDS) is finalizing a rate study addressing the sustainability, quality and transparency of community-based services for individuals with developmental disabilities authorized under ABX 2 1.
DDS has scheduled two briefing sessions. The briefings will be structured as follows:
1. DDS to present the rate study process and roll out
2. Burns & Associates, the national health consulting firm that authored the study, will present the proposed rate models, how they were developed and provide an overview of the structure of the pending rate study scheduled to be delivered, by DDS, to the Legislature on March 1st.
Each session is scheduled for a day and a half to allow sufficient time for the presentation, and comments and questions from invited guests. Time permitting, public comment will be accepted at the end of both sessions. Burns & Associates will also solicit public comments on the proposed rate models through March 22, 2019. Details on the public comment structure will be provided during the two sessions and will be posted on the DDS website.Each participant is limited to attending either of the following two Rate Study Sessions:
· Northern California – Alta California Regional Center
o February 25, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
o February 26, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
· Southern California – Fairview Developmental Center
o February 28, 8 am – 4:30 pm
o March 1, 8 am – 12:30 pm
Space for both listening sessions is limited and members of the public will be allowed admission on a first-come, first-served basis. Due to the expected level of interest, DDS is encouraging organizations to limit the number of attendees. DDS remains committed to an engaged and transparent process and, to that end, will post a link to the meeting materials on February 25, 2019. Further, an audio version of the presentation will be made available the week of March 4th, 2019.
Please send questions regarding the scheduled briefings to Tamara Kidwell at Tamara.Kidwell@dds.ca.gov , or she can be reached by phone at 916-651-6311.
Please RSVP to Amy
Wall which 1½ day session you wish to attend (Northern
CA or Southern CA).
Assistant Director, Developmental Center Closure
Department of Developmental Services
(916) 654-1946 (Direct) | Fax: (916) 654-2167