Harbor Regional Center (HRC) is a private nonprofit corporation funded through a contract with the State of California Department of Developmental Services. HRC provides quality services, support, information and choices for people with developmental disabilities and their families, to promote their participation as valued neighbors in our communities. HRC serves approximately 16,000 people with developmental disabilities of all ages, and their families who reside in the South Bay, Harbor, Long Beach and southeast areas of Los Angeles County. HRC provides assessment and diagnosis, individualized planning, service coordination linking people with services, assistance in finding and using community services, and purchase of services identified in the individual plan.
HRC’s Main Office in Torrance provides space for nearly 400 employees, as well as conference and meeting rooms, and HRC’s Resource and Assistive Technology Center. The campus is comprised of three (3) buildings with approximately 118,000 total square feet. HRC fully occupies two of the buildings and most of the third building, where there is one subtenant. HRC also operates a satellite office in Long Beach. The Long Beach Office is used for individual and group meetings, training and workshops, and provides drop-in space for HRC staff working in the field. The building is approximately 8,500 square feet. The second floor is currently being subleased.
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the Facilities Manager is responsible for overseeing and maintaining HRC’s office space and coordinating office support services for HRC’s staff and visitors. The Facilities Manager will lead a team of five (5)—Receptionists and Office/Facilities Assistants. In conjunction with the building’s Property Manager, the Facilities Manager also oversees two (2) contracted maintenance staff and various contractors. This is an exempt position.
Current and upcoming projects include:
- Remodel and furnish office space of approximately 3,700 square feet;
- Remodel of the Torrance Main Office Lobby;
- With the current COVID-19 crisis, manage inventory of personal protective equipment (PPE) and assist with distribution to HRC clients, families, and service providers;
- modify workspaces and operations as employees return to the office and now work hybrid schedules; and
- prepare for return of public meetings suspended during the pandemic.
- Supervise and coordinate all aspects of facility service including: HVAC, electrical, plumbing, landscaping, safety, environmental, custodial and event coordination;
- Oversee building security and access, maintaining custody of keys and locks;
- Manage all construction projects, design scheduling and implementation, and plan budgets including cost estimates;
- Supervise Receptionists who greet and direct visitors and operate the company switchboard. Coordinate telecommunication functions with the Director of Information Technology;
- Manage office support functions including all aspects of mailroom operations; purchase, distribution, and inventory management of office supplies and equipment (copiers, fax machines); and conference room set up;
- Ensure compliance with OSHA rules and regulations and all State and Federal safety regulations. Conduct ergonomic reviews; purchase and distribute ergonomic related equipment and supplies;
- Manage and negotiate service contracts with vendors for repairs, maintenance and security of building, and office equipment;
- Monitor and manage all operating expenses related to facilities maintenance and office support;
- Develop, document, update and communicate policies, procedures and schedules;
- Maintain inventory of state owned property;
- Participate in the recruitment, interviewing and hiring process of direct reports; assign work and review progress; evaluate performance.
Education and work experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- At least five (5) years of experience in facilities maintenance and supervising others;
- Nonprofit experience a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction/building codes, permit processes, health and safety regulations, industry cleaning standards, maintenance of buildings and equipment;
- Ability to interpret, apply and explain regulations, policies and procedures;
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills, ability to respond to urgent issues, and think clearly under pressure;
- Excellent leadership, communication, organizational, project and time management skills;
- Working knowledge of and ability to utilize Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Word;
- Knowledge of CAD a plus;
- Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs. periodically;
- Must be able to work occasional nights, weekends, and holidays, and will be on-call for emergencies.
Salary will be commensurate with experience; a comprehensive benefit package is also provided.
Please submit cover letter and resume to HR@harborrc.org.
Upon job offer acceptance, candidates will be required to show proof of COVD-19 vaccination and booster if eligible. A reasonable accommodation may be requested for an exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement.