Under the direction of the Director, Information and Development, the Peer Advocate provides support and general information to Harbor Regional Center (HRC) clients, peers, families, and community members.
Incumbent may perform any or all of the following:
- Represents HRC and HRC clients at client advocate group meetings, as a presenter at community outreach events and activities, and as a participant at conferences or seminars on topics of interest to clients, as assigned.
- Serves as a member and provides support to Harbor Regional Center’s Client Advisory Committee.
- Participates in local and legislative advocacy activities, as assigned.
- Providing a high level of customer service to clients, service providers, Regional Center staff and others.
- Prepares and processes documents (copies, digital) as directed, with accuracy.
- Participates in team spirit activities, including arranging activities and events, planning and participating in team retreats and Agency-wide events and coordinating celebrations and other occasions.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding clients and families in compliance with HIPAA regulations and Regional Center policies.
- Local and in-state travel may be required.
Performs related duties as required.
Assumes responsibility for projects, as assigned.
- The incumbent is in a non-confined office-type setting in which they are free to move about at will. The environment for this position is mostly clean and comfortable, but may include some minor annoyances such as noise, odors, drafts, etc. In the course of performing this work, the incumbent:
- Will spend time sitting, utilizing the computer.
- Will spend time standing/walking throughout the facilities.
- May lift up to 15 lbs. periodically. If more, the incumbent must request assistance.
- May stoop or stretch to access file cabinets and shelves.
The individual in this position may operate any standard office equipment including telephones, copy machines, scanning equipment, and computer peripheral equipment.
Computer software may include any or all of the following:
- Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, and Teams
- Virtual Chart
The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely, without endangering their health or safety or that of others. Individuals with disabilities that may affect their ability to perform these duties are encouraged to meet with Human Resources to discuss options for accommodation.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this job. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
To perform effectively in this position, the incumbent must have:
- Ability to read and follow simple written instructions, including hand-written information.
- Ability to communicate work information to supervisor and other employees and in one-on-one and group settings.
- Ability to present information accurately.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual preferred.
This employment opportunity is open to HRC clients only.
Upon job offer acceptance, candidates will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination and booster if eligible. A reasonable accommodation may be requested for an exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement.
Salary Range: $18.05 per hour- $20.09 per hour
Please submit resume to: HR@harborrc.org
Equal Opportunity Employer