Responsible for coordinating and assisting with a variety of tasks related to the support of the Human Resources Department. Duties will include but are not limited to: employee recruitment, maintenance of employee files, benefits administration, payroll processing and the administration of human resources policies and procedures.
- Assist with recruitment by posting job opportunities on the company website and external job boards; receive and review resumes; send resumes to appropriate supervisors for review; schedule interviews; conduct background checks and schedule testing for potential candidates; send notifications to unsuccessful candidates and preparation of offer letters;
- Conducts new hire orientations; on-boarding of new employees into the HR database; send new hire notifications to the appropriate Departments.
- Establishes and maintains personnel files and other personnel records in electronic or paper form;
- Prepares and processes personnel transactions which may include demographic changes, terminations, departmental changes and change of status;
- Maintains benefit files and insurance enrollments, as well as timely reporting to the carriers;
- Assist with Annual Enrollment period for benefits by explaining the various benefit options available and processing of benefit option changes;
- Reconciles insurance billings on a monthly basis;
- Compiles personnel documents for audits;
- Prepares various reports as needed;
- Completes employment verification requests, unemployment, State Disability Insurance and Paid Family Leave claim forms;
- Assist in identifying staff to be recognized at All Staff Meetings; coordinate the purchase and distribution of Longevity Recognition Gifts;
- Notifies managers of upcoming performance evaluations and track timely submission; input data into the HR database as well as prepare and process payroll change forms;
- Provides employee guidance through effective communication and interpretation of HR Policies and Procedures and Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Works closely with the Administration Department’s senior accountant to process the bi-weekly payroll.
Performs related duties as required.
The incumbent is in a non-confined office-type setting in which they are free to move about at will. The environment for this position is mostly clean and comfortable but may include some minor annoyances such as noise, odors, drafts, etc. In the course of performing this work, the incumbent:
- Will spend time sitting, utilizing the computer.
- Will spend limited time standing/walking throughout the facilities.
- May lift up to 15 lbs. periodically. If more, the incumbent must request assistance.
- May stoop or stretch to access file cabinets, shelves.
The individual in this position may operate any standard office equipment including telephones, copy machines, scanning equipment, computer peripheral equipment, etc.
Computer software may include any or all of the following:
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Laserfiche (Document Management System)
The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely, without endangering their health or safety or that of others. Individuals with disabilities that may impact their ability to perform these duties are encouraged to meet with Human Resources to discuss options for accommodation.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this job. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
To perform effectively in this position, the incumbent must have:
- Familiarity with the laws governing the Family Medical Leave Act, California Family Rights Act, Pregnancy Disability Act and Worker’s Compensation.
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Ability to type 40 wpm.
- Working knowledge of contemporary office methods.
- Math skills sufficient to calculate insurance premium payments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Previous experience with Paylocity is a plus.
- Effective written communications skills sufficient to draft correspondence and emails.
- Effective verbal communications skills including the ability to communicate complex information in a clear manner.
- Attention to details, tact, discretion, and good judgement.
- Willingness to explore and implement new technologies to improve departmental functions.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a changing environment.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultures, ages and backgrounds.
Typically, these skills and experience result from completion of courses in human resources and three to five years of Human Resources experience. Completion of an associate’s degree in business or Human Resources Management or higher is preferred.
Upon job offer acceptance, candidates will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination and booster if eligible. A reasonable accommodation may be requested for an exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement.
Please submit your resume to HR@harborrc.org.