Under the direction of the Director of IT, and the supervision of the IT Manager, the Senior IT Specialist is responsible for the HRC business application support and System Administration duties. The Senior IT Specialist will also assist the organization with implementing, upgrading, and scoping of business critical applications. Duties include but are not limited to:
System Administration Duties:
- Participate as part of the IT team to assist in upgrades and new product rollouts
- Provide technical support for business critical systems and databases, including Virtual Chart, SANDIS, Laserfiche
- User Administration – Add, delete, or change, and manage CPC codes.
- System Administration – Provide administration, maintenance and upgrades to 3rd party systems within the AS/400
- Pull and manipulate data from the AS/400 databases for presentation in reports or compiling statistical information
- Troubleshoot application level issues with the system
- Coordinate with DDS AST for troubleshooting, and upgrades of system
- Coordinate with IT Manager for troubleshooting issues
- Coordinate with 3rd party vendors for troubleshooting and upgrades of respective modules
- Maintain all client information as confidential in compliance with the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Lanterman ActApplication Support, Development, and Project Management Duties
- Coordinate and liaise with staff and external resources for the development of new or upgrades to existing business critical applications or software systems
- Lead IT project tasks related to the introduction of new applications/systems or new parts of applications/systems developed for the organization
- Lead and maintain Virtual Chart and Laserfiche from an Application perspective and assist the IT Manager with the underlying infrastructure and maintenance of these systems.
- Coordinate and provide training to staff on new resources and applications to be used
- Complete projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and IT.
Service Desk Duties:
- Create and update work instructions and IT procedures in area of responsibility
- Promote and preserve a collaborative, courteous, and productive environment: demonstrate respect for colleagues, supervisors, clients, vendors, families, and community partners
- Respond to user incidents and requests in a courteous, timely, and professional manner. Be sensitive to end user needs and communicate appropriately and effectively to provide excellent customer service
- Provide clear documentation of applications and procedures for IT staff and end users
- Conduct training for staff on IT systems as required
New Staff Onboarding Duties
- Coordinate creation of user accounts and CPC code assignment
- Coordinate imaging, configuration and distribution of necessary hardware
- Coordinate and provide hardware to new staff
- Create and provide IT training for new staff
Performs related duties as directed.
The incumbent is in a non-confined office-type setting in which he or she is free to move about at will. The environment for this position is mostly clean and comfortable but may include some minor annoyances such as noise, odors, drafts, etc. In the course of performing this work, the incumbent:
- Will spend time sitting, utilizing the computer
- Will spend limited time standing/walking throughout the facilities
- May lift up to 45 lbs. periodically. If more, the incumbent must request assistance
- May stoop or stretch to access file cabinets, shelves
The individual in this position may operate any standard office equipment including telephones, copy machines, scanning equipment, postage meter, computer peripheral equipment, etc.
The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely, without endangering the health or safety of him/herself or others. Individuals with disabilities that may impact their ability to perform these duties are encouraged to meet with Human Resources to discuss options for accommodation.
Knowledge and skills:
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultures, ages and backgrounds
- Ability to organize work to meet deadlines
- Ability to solve procedural problems related to work methods
- Ability to diagnose and correct software problems and provide follow up when necessary
- Ability to compile statistical information and make summary reports
- Ability to present ideas to teach, coach and assist staff to help them recognize and self-solve similar problems in the future
Required Experience with:
- Programming languages such as VBSCRIPT, Visual Basic, C++, C#, RPG
- Database Programming such as MS SQL, Access 2010+, IBM OR2, IBM Query
- AS/400 Administration and Operations
- Microsoft Active Directory administration
- Windows Server operating systems – Windows 2008R2, 2012R2
- Laserfiche Administration or other Document Management System Administration
- Electronic Health Record, Human Service Management or similar system
Education and experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, Business Information System or Information Technology. A minimum of 5 years of related experience, 2 years’ experience in a Regional Center System. Local travel requires a valid CDL and acceptable driving record.
Upon job offer acceptance, candidates will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. A reasonable accommodation may be requested for an exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination requirements.
Please submit your resume to HR@harborrc.org.