On November 22, 2019, DDS made the second selection of participants to fill vacancies in the initial implementation of the Self-Determination Program (SDP). The Department of Developmental Services mailed a notice to all individuals who were chosen from the list of interested persons.
Selection of this latest group of participants was prioritized based on:
- the total number of participants at each regional center is consistent with the relative percentage of total cliens served by all regional centers.
- individuals age 42 years and older
- siblings of individuals who were previously selected for SDP
- members of SDP local advisory committees as of October 8, 2019, or their family members
- maintaining as closely as possible the relative ethnic diversity within each regional center area.
“Since it is expected that over time more openings will occur, DDS did select a number of individuals over the 2,500 total slots. This over selection will allow for a quick process to fill future openings.