Family Support Coordinator
The Family Support Coordinator assists families and clients to understand what resources and supports are available to them and how they may obtain them. In addition, the Family Support Coordinator assists in the general function of the Resource Center under the direction of the Resource Center Manager and Assistant Manager.
This is a part-time position working at our Torrance location. This position requires the flexibility to attend occasional after hours events or Saturday event.
The duties of the Family Support Coordinator include the following:
Providing exemplary telephone service to resource center patrons:
- Responds to Helpline calls by directing callers to appropriate sources within Harbor Regional Center, the community or the state.
- Responds to calls requesting Regional Center service information.
- Responds to all messages by the close of the following working day; responds to urgent situations on the same working day.
- Enters and updates recorded messages, as needed.
Assisting in the overall operation of the resource center:
- Assists patrons in locating materials and resources.
- Conducts tours of the Resource Center, as requested.
- Reviews new materials an enter them into the catalog system.
- Processes items for library patrons.
- Prepares displays of library materials and resources
- Knowledgeable about and able to perform all online functions of the library catalog system
- Prepares information packets, as requested. Identifies assignments and directs volunteer activities, as assigned.
- Writes articles for HRC publications, as requested.
- Records patron contacts, outreach activities and telephone data in appropriate data systems.
- Assists in maintaining the orderliness of the library.
- Assists in providing training and outreach activities.
- Participates/represents at community outreaches, resource fairs and workshops, as requested.
- Conducts Resource Center Orientation sessions for support groups, trainings and parents meetings, as requested.
- Assists with the Parent Support Specialist Program by attending the training sessions, coordinating the parent matching process and completing all required follow-up activities.
- Attends seminars, conferences and training sessions as requested in order to increase skills.
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- Basic computer literacy to include but not limited to use of Word, Outlook Express and ability to navigate the internet.
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills.
- Professional attitude and demeanor.
- Preferred that candidate has a family member who is an HRC client but will consider parent/family member of a Regional Center client.
Upon job offer acceptance, candidates will be required to show proof of Covid-19 vaccination. A reasonable accommodation may be requested for an exemption from the Covid-19 vaccination requirement.
Please submit your resume to: