The Physician shall be responsible for:
- Overseeing clients’ health status and working with regional center staff and community physicians to facilitate optimal medical care for clients with developmental disabilities.
- Identifying needs for training and information and providing training for staff, clients, families, and service providers.
- Participates as a member of the multidisciplinary health care team that includes nurses, pharmacologists, psychologists, speech and language pathologists, occupational therapist, and other developmental specialists to identify and address ongoing needs of clients in multiple environments.
- Utilize clinical skills to assist HRC to meet clients’ health needs throughout the continuum of care.
- Reviews medical records, medical history, diagnostic testing, treatment plans and care, and recommends further evaluations and medical referrals as needed.
- Provides consultation and ongoing clinical training programs for staff, families and service providers.
- Maintain liaison with the medical community, medical providers, clinics and health plans in order to advocate and obtain medical services for clients, and identify/provide relevant training needs.
- Uses Virtual Chart to document all significant activities including personal contacts with the clients and families, consultations with other staff, providers and clinicians, phone calls, etc.; ensures accuracy and completeness of information.
- Attends and participates in team and department meetings; attends training programs and course to develop and maintain clinical skills and knowledge of developmental disabilities, plus licensure.
The physician is in a non-confined setting and is free to move about at will. The environment for this position is mostly clean and comfortable but may include some minor annoyances such as noise, odors, drafts, etc. In addition, the physician spends time at client homes and other community facilities.
In the course of performing this work, the physician will spend substantial time standing, sitting, speaking, and listening. The Physician will also be required to travel via personal vehicle or public transportation to other facilities, client homes, service providers, and community locations as needed.
- Will spend time sitting, utilizing the computer.
- Will spend time standing/walking throughout the facilities.
- May lift up to 15 lbs periodically. If more, the incumbent must request assistance.
The individual in this position may operate any standard office equipment including telephones, copy machines, scanning equipment, computer peripheral equipment, etc.
Computer software may include any or all of the following:
- Microsoft Office including Word and Outlook
- Virtual Chart
- Zoom and other video conferencing platforms
The physician must be able to perform this job safely, without endangering their health or the health of others. Individuals with disabilities may impact their ability to perform these duties are encouraged to meet with Human Resources to discuss options for accommodation.
These specifications are general guidelines based on minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this job. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- Current CA licensure as a Medical Practitioner
- Certification or eligibility for certification by a specialty board (E.G., Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Family Practice)o
- Demonstrated interest in working with people with developmental disabilities (adults & children)
- Some experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities is preferred.
- Experience working with families from diverse cultural, linguistic, and socioeconomic backgrounds, and an understanding of family systems and human dynamics
- Current CA driver’s license and state-required insurance required if using personal vehicle on Center business and a driving records acceptable to the organization and/or its insurance carrier
- Very effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective people skills to facilitate collaboration among all members of the interdisciplinary team
- A working knowledge of program criteria and regulations in the regional centers
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to apply independent judgment in critical situations
- Ability to be flexible and work in a changing environment
- Computer skills sufficient to meet production demands of the job including Microsoft Office and Virtual Chart software for client notes and reports
- Knowledge of emergency procedures of the Regional Center
- Ability to model positive behaviors and Regional Center values
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills preferred.
Comprehensive benefit package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(K) Retirement.
Submit letter of interest & resume to:
HR@harborrc.org or fax to 310.316.5016
Upon job offer acceptance, candidates will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination, and booster, if eligible. A reasonable accommodation may be requested for an exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement.
Equal Opportunity Employer