The Provider Relations Specialist is responsible for:
- Building relationships and partnerships with service providers within the Harbor Regional Center area.
- Providing support and training to the administrators and staff of service providers.
- Reviewing services to ensure they are of high quality.
SERVICE PROVIDER VISITS/QUALITY IMPROVEMENT
1. Conducts periodic visits to each assigned service provider. This may include:
- Communicating with service coordination and others to determine any specific issues or concerns with a service provider.
- Conducting on-site visits to determine whether clients are receiving high quality services.
- Interviewing and or surveying families regarding the quality of services.
2. Coordinates the referrals for the opening of new resources including training of administrators and staff.
3. Facilitates problem-solving in complex circumstances.
4. Investigates complaints or client special incidents about services.
5. Maintains communication with service coordination and community services management.
6. Provides the follow-up and communication to the designated HRC staff.
7. Identifies and responds to needs of service providers for information, providing advice and guidance with the goal of increasing their knowledge of service standards, philosophies and methods for serving individuals with varied and multiple needs including special health needs and behavioral challenges.
8. Works with service providers to promote individualized and integrated services to improve/increase client independence, opportunities for choice, meaningful participation in daily living activities and access to the community for work, leisure time and interpersonal relationships.
9. Coordinates training opportunities for service providers.
10. Uses VirtualCHART to document all significant contacts with service providers, clients and families, consultations with other staff and clinicians; ensures accuracy and completeness of information.
11. Participates in community events as assigned.
12. Attends and participates in team and department meetings; attends training programs and courses to develop and maintain provider relations skills
13. Maintains absolute confidentiality regarding clients and families in compliance with HIPAA regulations and Regional Center policies.
14. Serves as Officer of the Day on a regular work day during business hours to accept and respond to calls and resolve issues.
Performs related duties as required.
The incumbent is in a non-confined setting in which he or she is free to move about at will. The environment for this position is mostly clean and comfortable but may include some minor annoyances such as noise, odors, drafts, etc. In addition, the incumbent spends time at group homes and other community facilities. The incumbent will be exposed to volatile and emotional clients and their families.
In the course of performing this work, the incumbent will also be required to travel via personal vehicle or public transportation to other facilities, group homes, service providers, and community locations as needed. He or she:
- Will spend time sitting, utilizing the computer.
- Will spend time standing/walking throughout the facilities and group homes.
- May lift up to 15 lbs. periodically. If more, the incumbent must request assistance.
- May stoop or stretch to access file cabinets, shelves.
- May be grabbed, pushed or hit by a client.
The individual in this position may operate any standard office equipment including telephones, copy machines, scanning equipment, computer peripheral equipment, etc.
Computer software may include any or all of the following:
- Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Abode Acrobat
- Other (please add)
The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely, without endangering the health or safety of him/herself or others. Individuals with disabilities that may impact their ability to perform these duties are encouraged to meet with Human Resources to discuss options for accommodation.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this job. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
To perform effectively in this position, the incumbent must have:
- A bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work or similar human services discipline. A related master’s degree is preferred.
- Five or more years of experience in programs providing direct services to individuals with developmental disabilities
- Experience working with families from diverse cultural, linguistic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A comprehensive working knowledge of the laws and regulations associated with Regional Center clients and services (i.e. Title 22 and Title 17 Regulations governing community care and those with developmental disabilities).
- An understanding of family systems and human dynamics, and knowledge of developmental disabilities.
- Working knowledge of community resources to address special needs of clients.
- Current California driver’s license and State-required insurance required when using personal vehicle on Center business and a driving record acceptable to the organization and/or its insurance carrier.
- Very effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to write reports that may be interpreted within the legal system.
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to apply independent judgment in critical situations
- Ability to be flexible and work in a changing environment.
- Computer skills sufficient to meet production demands of the job including Microsoft Office and VirtualCHART software for client notes and reports.
- Ability to work varied hours including occasional evenings, nights and weekends as needed.
- Knowledge of emergency procedures of the Regional Center.
- Ability to model positive behaviors and Regional Center values.
Upon job offer acceptance, candidates will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. A reasonable accommodation may be requested for an exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement.
Please submit your resume to HR@harborrc.org.