Responsible for providing a high level of customer service to clients, families, service providers, Service Coordinators, the general public, and all others.
Performs a wide variety of clerical duties in support of the Client Services Manager, Service Coordinators, and other staff.
Incumbent may perform any or all of the following:
- Answers/makes telephone calls to/from clients, families, service providers, Service Coordinators, Regional Centers and others; responds to questions, concerns or complaints; provides information authorized for release; transfers calls to appropriate internal resources; makes and changes appointments; assesses for emergency situations and refers to others for appropriate services.
- Receives and processes incoming mail and faxes; utilizes Laserfiche and inputs data on a variety of platforms.
- Prepares and processes documents (copies, faxes, digital) as directed.
- Performs data entry of information; ensures accuracy and completeness of data.
- Maintains, prints and distributes department schedules to ensure all are notified as to staff whereabouts and availability.
- Coordinates team meetings and trainings in support of the team and department, including scheduling conference rooms, notifying participants, preparing agendas, taking and distributing minutes, actively participating in meetings, arranging for refreshments, speakers, audio/visual equipment and materials.
- Performs a wide variety of general clerical and administrative duties including: ordering/receiving and distributing supplies; copying; responding to emails; filing documents; gathering data and preparing routine/special reports.
- Participates in team spirit activities including arranging activities and events, planning and participating in team retreats and Agency-wide events and coordinating celebrations and other occasions.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality regarding clients and families in compliance with HIPAA regulations and Regional Center policies.
Assumes responsibility for projects as assigned.
May perform any or all duties of the Receptionist.
May perform any or all of the duties of another Team Assistant.
Performs related duties as required.
The incumbent is in a non-confined office-type setting in which they are free to move about at will. The environment for this position is mostly clean and comfortable but may include some minor annoyances such as noise, odors, drafts, etc. In the course of performing this work, the incumbent:
Will spend time sitting, utilizing the computer.
Will spend time standing/walking throughout the facilities.
May lift up to 15 lbs. periodically. If more, the incumbent must request assistance.
May stoop or stretch to access file cabinets, shelves.
The individual in this position may operate any standard office equipment including telephones, copy machines, scanning equipment, postage meter, computer peripheral equipment, etc.
Computer software may include any or all of the following:
Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams
Sandis Data Retrieval System
The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely, without endangering their health and safety or that of others. Individuals with disabilities that may impact their ability to perform these duties are encouraged to meet with Human Resources to discuss options for accommodation.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this job. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
To perform effectively in this position, the incumbent must have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills; including effective oral and written communications skills.
- Basic knowledge of client documentation methods and practices, typically the result of one or more years of experience in similar positions or, demonstrated proficiency in utilizing computer software to maintain large databases.
- Experience working within an electronic file structure.
- Routine, accurate skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to type 40 wpm.
- Working knowledge of contemporary office methods.
- Math skills sufficient to calculate/balance routine numerical data.
- Strong work organization skills to meet deadlines.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills including ability to research and resolve procedural problems.
- Numerical and alphabetical filing procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultures, ages and backgrounds.
- Bilingual required.
- Current California driver license, State-required insurance and a driving record acceptable to the Agency’s insurance carrier, when using personal vehicle on Center business.
Typically, these skills and experience result from completion of high school, and one or more years of experience in similar positions.
Upon job offer acceptance, candidates will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination and booster if eligible. A reasonable accommodation may be requested for an exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement.
Starting Salary Range: $39,270 – $43,722
Equal Opportunity Employer