Team Assistant – Early Childhood Services
Under direction of the Department Assistant in Early Childhood Services (or the Client Services Manager), the Team Assistant is responsible for supporting their assigned team(s) or department, relating to support of the Center’s mission.
Examples of responsibilities:
- answer telephones, take messages and/or route calls to appropriate staff;
- enter and retrieve data regarding clients and/or vendors into HRC’s information systems, including Virtual Chart (and SANDIS where necessary), ensuring that information is accurate and kept up-to-date;
- maintain files for clients and/or vendors in HRC’s document management system, Laserfiche, including scanning and organizing documents both physical and electronic;
- review correspondence and complex reports for distribution, scanning and filing;
- compile documents from multiple sources for referral packets;
- sort mail, both USPS and email, for electronic filing;
- complete assigned projects, such as database management for federal programs, records for social security, staff, client parent or vendor training/event materials;
- coordinate meetings/appointments, including room reservations and set-up;
- provide coverage for the Receptionist on a rotating basis, by greeting and directing visitors and answering and routing telephone calls;
- requisition supplies for staff/team(s).
Minimum Employment Standards
High school diploma and 2 years of clerical/administrative experience. AA degree or business certificate preferred. High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Bilingual English/Spanish required.
Upon job offer acceptance, candidates will be required to show proof of Covid-19 vaccination and booster if eligible. A reasonable accommodation may be requested for an exemption from the Covid-19 vaccination requirement.
Skills and Abilities:
Strong organization and support skills to meet deadlines. Sort, organize, and summarize documents and information. Respond professionally with internal and external parties. Effectively manage conflicting priorities. Sensitive to private and confidential information.
Duties are performed in the office and require: to sit for up to 4 hours at a time; manual dexterity to operate office machines; keyboarding up to 4 hours at a time; to understand and speak English; to effectively write in English with correct grammar; to understand and interpret statistical data/written material, communication via telephone and email. Professional appearance and conduct.
Please email resume to HR@harborrc.org
or Fax to HR @ 310-316-5016