In 2017, the Lanterman Act was amended to allow the Department of Developmental Services (DDS) to provide funding for Regional Centers to develop resources to address unmet needs in their community with certain guidelines (WIC Sections 4418.25 & 4679). This is referred to as Community Resource Development Plan/Community Placement Plan (CRDP/CPP) funding.
Based on Harbor Regional Center’s community and stakeholder input, the following projects were identified, proposed to DDS, and have been approved for development as HRC’s Fiscal Year (FY) 2023-2024 CRDP/CPP projects:
Fiscal Year (FY) 2023-2024:
- Adult Residential Facility for Persons with Special Healthcare Needs (ARFPSHN) – Service Provider: The development of an ARFPSHN that has been purchased, renovated, and owned by a Housing Development Organization (HDO), from whom the selected service provider will lease and develop to provide 24-hour medical/nursing care and intensive supports for up to four (4) individuals with medical support needs who are transitioning from various skilled nursing facilities. To best meet the specialized healthcare needs of the individuals residing in this home, it is highly preferred that the identified service provider (Licensee and/or Administrator) is a Licensed Registered Nurse.
- Day Program: The development of a day program to support individuals with behavioral support needs who are interested in competitive employment or self-employment. The program would implement the customized employment approach comprised of the strategic process of developing a professional relationship between an employee and employer that is personalized to meet the needs of both.
- Day Program: The development of a day program in or near the Wilmington area to support individuals with behavioral needs in developing skills necessary to become competitively employed.
- Infant Development Program: The development of a day training and activity program where infants and their families are provided training individually and in groups for a day or less, and are provided an organized program of activity. These programs are designed to encourage the development and adjustment of the infants in their community and their homes, and to prepare the infants for entrance into classes of local schools or other appropriate facilities.
- Residential: The development of a Level 4I ARF that provides a safe living environment and the supports necessary for those individuals who have been involved in the criminal justice system who are transitioning from an institutional setting back into community living.
We invite you to view Harbor Regional Center’s posted Requests for Proposals for FY 2023-2024 here.
The Department of Developmental Services (DDS) approved the Community Resource Development Plan, funding for the following services:
- HRC-2223-1: EBSH Provider (4 bed home) – Children
- HRC-2223-2: EBSH Provider (4 bed home) – Adult
- HRC-2223-4: Housing acquisition and renovation for an ARFPSHN
- HRC-2223-6: Employment
- HRC-2223-7: Behavioral Respite
- HRC-2223-8: Deaf and Hard of Hearing Home
- HRC-2223-10: Gender Identity Home (ARF – 4I)
- HRC-2223-11: Financial Management Service (FMS)
- HRC-2223-13: Family Home Agency
The Request For Proposals (RFPs) with more detailed information and the supporting documentation will be posted by March 20, 2023.